Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Colors of Burano!

Burano is just a short vaporetto trip away from Venice and is best known for their tradition of lace making.  While the lace beckons most tourists, I was most drawn to the quiet streets and the colorful surprises around every corner.  Everywhere I looked in Burano, seemed as if I was walking through a painting, full of carefully composed color, line, and texture.  The light was surreal, and at times incredibly intense on my eyes.  It emphasized shapes, and elongated shadows, making everything appear crisp and clear.  The striped curtains blowing in the wind and the sense of quiet and heightened clarity was dreamy, like something taken right out of a Fellini film. 

Of course one of my main objectives was to search for plant life on Burano....








 







 Oh.....Burano!

No comments:

Post a Comment