Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hacklebarney State Park and Willowwood Arboretum

Two adventures to share!  Willowwood Arboretum is one of my all time favorite arboretums to visit.  It is located in Morris County, NJ and is a beautiful combination of country and formal gardens, walking trails, and tree groves.  The arboretum is beautiful spring, summer, and fall.  Old barns, architectural elements and unique plant and tree specimens make Willowwood a wonderful place to visit!  The Mediterranean garden is my favorite place to sit and relax.  It always reminds me of the gardens where I used to spend my time in Italy, with citrus trees, an olive, fig tree, and even artichoke!






  



Before my visit to Willowwood, I went for a hike in Hacklebarney State Park where I discovered beautiful rock formations, and cascading waterfalls.  Located close to one another, these two trips are a perfect pair!   And luckily I didn't see any bears along the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment